Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 45/365 - Love Anyways.

It's been a really long day today - EJ's spent a good part of it asleep,  and even when he was awake, he was curled up, watching television. Most illnesses don't stop him; today's did. As a result, I've spent most of today snuggling him. And A. stepped up and helped with everything, too. 
The net result - a cranky EJ, a cranky A., and a weary Mama. 
So I contemplated skipping today's photo. By this afternoon, I'd stopped dressing EJ - he was wrapped up in towels and/or blankets. A. wanted to just be left alone. And weary for me had turned to just darn tired (though I got a good amount of knitting done today, so there was that plus - not to mention all the cuddle time!). 

But not only are these photos tangible reminders of all our presence in each other's lives, the taking of these photos every day provide a moment of peace and togetherness in our little family. 

And so, EJ put some pants on (okay, yeah, still no shirt) and I cajoled A. out of her room and...

 We survived today. 
And even managed to smile. 

1 comment:

  1. darling photo! Good for you for pushing through. No rest for mamas :(

    ReplyDelete