Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 196/365 - Not All the Days are Lovely

And yesterday, Monday, fell into that category. 

For anyone unsure, let me make this clear - parenting a teenager is challenging. Also, parenting a preschooler is not without its difficulties. 

Finally, I need to reevaluate my budget and be sure to include money for boxes of wine. 

So, yeah, I did get some knitting done, but there was no family photo. 
Honestly, though? I'm okay with not photographing (and remembering years from now) the tense interactions between us all from yesterday. 

When I'm senile, I'd rather not remember the yelling, the grounding, the exasperation. 

Instead, I'll look back at the photo from today, taken after dinner, after watching my 13yo and my 4yo play a rousing game of Life. 
I may not have played the game, but I enjoyed watching their interaction - and all of our conversation. 
The grounding will last for another ten days (at least) and won't be the last time. I'm sure. And the little one will continue his share of annoying me. I know. But there are moments, sometimes exceedingly rare, that are good. And those are the moments worth capturing and worth remembering. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment